Pages

Monday 24 February 2014

Cambridge (Saturday 30th November 2013)

Last year around 30th November on a Saturday, me and a friend, Rebecca, (later joined by another friend, Chantilly) decided to plan for a day trip to Cambridge. This friend that I had planned the trip to Cambridge was an exchange student for a only a term (autumn term) at my university, whom I became good friends with. Initially I have to admit I had preferred to go visit Oxford instead of Cambridge, as I had some sort of infatuation with the place, and if I was smart enough and had to choose between Oxford and Cambridge for university applications, I would go for Oxford.

After my visit to Cambridge, I'm glad I went to Cambridge and would love to visit the city again and again and again, until I get bored of it. I fell in love with Cambridge, its charm, archaic feel, and everything, really. Cambridge was in fact the first Uk city I have visited apart from my university town and London, of course. Probably it's the only Uk city (again, apart from my university town and London haha) that I would love to visit again and waste my money for another trip!

Following my trip to Cambridge, I managed to purchase a disposable camera on a whim, and I'm glad I did as the pictures I took adds to the charm of Cambridge that my phone camera is unable to do.

Trinity Street (where I think I bought my kodak funsaver disposable camera)




Some of the buildings of Cambridge (which I forgot what they are called, all I know is that they all look nice)





King's College







St Catherine's College

After walking around Cambridge, we decided to make a visit to the Botanical Gardens (we also visited some museums but no pictures were taken via disposable, unfortunately). I admit, I was a bit reluctant to visit the Botanical Garden due to me being a student with money probs~*. Eventually we went, and I'm glad we did as the gardens were really beautiful.







I hope to visit Cambridge again and hopefully attempt to visit all of the colleges and take more pictures via film, and hopefully go punting (as at that time it cost £15 per person - including student discount - to go punting!!! ...I will go punting though once in my lifetime despite the cost). 


No comments:

Post a Comment